- 2 salmon fillets, skin-on, boneless
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted green vegetables (snow peas, broccolini, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus etc)
- Steamed rice, to serve
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon laksa paste (store-bought)
This meal is healthy, uses minimal ingredients, perfect to cook on the barbecue and is packed with flavour. The laksa butter is the perfect accompaniment to the crispy skin salmon and grilled greens See note about different cooking options*
- Prepare your barbecue for direct cooking over medium-high heat (210°C to 240°C) with a Weber Ware Frying Pan (optional) and a Weber Q® Grill Pan (optional).
- Lightly coat your salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt. Prepare your vegetables as desired, it is best to cut greens like snow peas, zucchini and broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Broccolini and asparagus can be left whole.
- Once the barbecue has preheated, add your vegetables to the barbecue, adding any smaller pieces to the grill pan, any larger pieces that won’t fall through the grills can be added directly to the cooking grill. Grill the vegetables over direct medium-high heat, turning as needed and taking off the barbecue once cooked to your liking. While the vegetables are cooking, add the salmon fillets to the pan, skin side down and cook for 4 minutes, over direct medium-high heat, or until the skin is golden and crispy.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the laksa butter. In a small bowl combine the butter, laksa paste and lime zest.
- Flip the salmon fillets over and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Serve the salmon with the rice, grilled greens, a dollop of laksa butter and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime.