- 2 x large premade pizza bases (approximately 27cm)
- 5 tablespoons basil pesto dip (150g
- 200 grams left-over cooked chicken, shredded
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 150 grams grated mozzarella
- 50 grams pecorino
- 100 grams prosciutto slices
- 20 fresh basil leaves
Who doesn’t love the crunch of a perfectly crisp pizza, the smell of succulent roast chicken, and enjoyment of golden, gooey cheese? The taste sensation this pizza delivers will have you reaching for another slice over and over again- plus it’s a great excuse to repurpose any left-over chicken.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium-high heat (220°C to 260°C) with a Weber Pizza Stone. If you are using a Weber Q barbecue, set up your barbecue with a convection tray, trivet and the pizza stone. Preheat the pizza stone for 20 minutes, or as directed by your pizza stone instructions.
- To prepare the ingredients; shred the cooked chicken, slice the cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice the red onion.
- Prepare your pizzas on Weber Easy-Serve Pizza Trays. Spread the pesto dip evenly over the pizza bases. Place a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with a mix of shredded cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes, red onion and prosciutto. Finish with the remaining mozzarella and using the microplane, finely grate the pecorino over the top.
- Place the pizza tray (with pizza) onto the stone and roast over indirect medium-high heat for 15 minutes each, or until the cheese has turned golden and the base is crispy.
- Finish the pizzas with fresh basil, slice and serve.