- 250 grams butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 to 3 large lemons (2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind + 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Icing sugar, to dust
This decadent, citrus slice is simple to whip up with only 6 ingredients and can easily satisfy a crowd.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium-low heat (170°C to 190°C – baking setting).
- In a Weber Ware frying pan, add the butter.
- Place the frying pan onto the barbecue, on a side burner or a stove top and melt the butter. Once just melted, pour the butter into a large mixing bowl. Use a piece of paper towel to spread the leftover butter residue around the pan to grease. Line the pan with a sheet of baking paper (this will help to lift the slice out once cooked).
- Add the sugar into the bowl with the butter and stir to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add the flour, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 cup of the coconut. Stir to form a cake batter. Pour the Batter into the frying pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut over the cake.
- Bake the lemon slice over indirect medium-low heat, with the lid closed, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before slicing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.