- 200 grams peeled, deveined uncooked prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 grams round corn chips
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon chilli Powder
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves for garnish
Cajun spiced grilled prawns with refreshing guacamole on top of a corn chip- yes please! These appetisers are quick to prepare, grill and serve.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Mash together the flesh of two avocados with the lime juice and coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until required
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over high heat (230°C to 260°C).
- In small bowl combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients. Thread the prawns onto the skewers.
- Lightly coat the prawn skewers with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the prawns.
- Brush the cooking grills clean. Grill the prawns over direct high heat, with the lid closed, for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the centre.
- Once the prawns are cooked through, remove from the barbecue and carefully slide the prawns off the skewers.
- To assemble: place a teaspoonful of the guacamole onto a corn chip, top with a prawn and finish with a coriander leaf to garnish. Repeat with the remaining prawns. Serve immediately.