This recipe is ideal for Weber Qs and Weber Family Qs. Set up your barbecue for indirect cooking with a convection tray and trivet (please refer to your handbook for further instructions).
- 1 Whole chicken, 1.8 kg to 2.0 kg
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium heat (190°C to 230°C- roasting setting). If you are using a Weber Q barbecue, set up your barbecue with a convection tray and trivet.
- Tuck the wings behind the chicken’s back. Lightly coat the chicken with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken over indirect medium heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes, with the lid closed, or until the internal temperature has reached 71°C-ensuring the tip of the probe is in the deep centre of the chicken breast, but not touching the cavity. The internal temperature will continue to rise 3°C to 6°C while resting (final doneness temperature for chicken is 74°C).
- Once the chicken has cooked, leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.