- 40 grams butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 250 grams vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 eggs
- Slices of bread (e.g. sourdough)
- Soft Goats Cheese
Deliciously garlic buttered grilled mushrooms, crispy streaky bacon, perfect sunny-side eggs, blistered cherry tomatoes and toasted sourdough- this is the ultimate breakfast on the barbecue.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (200-230°C) with a Q Ware Frying Pan or Hotplate.
- While the barbecue is preheating, make the butter for the mushrooms. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. If needed, trim the stem of the mushrooms, so they sit flat, cup-side down. Using a basting brush, brush the mushrooms with olive oil and season. Drizzle olive oil over the cherry tomatoes and season.
- Once the barbecue has preheated, add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms (cup-side down, this is important) to the cooking grill. Add the bacon to the pan or hotplate. Cook over direct medium heat for 4 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon are golden, flip all ingredients. Spoon the butter into the cups of the mushrooms. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- When there is approximately 2 minutes left of the cooking time, add the eggs to the pan or hotplate (see note), using the bacon fat as the cooking oil. Add your bread to the cooking grill and toast for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Keep the lid of the barbecue closed as much as possible for the eggs to evenly cook.
- Remove all items from the barbecue and serve immediately