- 185 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1½ cup self raising flour, sifted
- 140 grams white chocolate chips
- 100 grams peppermint candy canes (approx. 8), crushed, divided
A simple Christmas cookie for any little and big kids. The candy canes melt and make a delightful crunchy and chewy addition to the cookies.
- Beat the butter, vanilla essence and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and pinch of salt, beat until well combined. With a spoon, mix in the flour, choc chips and ¾ of the candy canes (reserving some candy canes to decorate the top of the cookies).
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium-low heat (170°C to 190°C). If using a Weber Q barbecue, set up your barbecue with a convection tray and trivet.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of mixture onto lined baking trays. Decorate the top of the cookies with the reserved crushed candy canes
- Bake the cookies over indirect medium-low heat for approximately 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store up to one week in an airtight container.