- 1 zucchini
- 90 grams halloumi
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra
- Olive oil
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- sea salt
Fritters are a fantastic throw together meal. With the addition of grated halloumi, these fritters caramelise, go a little crispy and are super delicious on the barbecue.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (180°C to 230°C) with a Weber Ware Frying Pan or hotplate.
- In a large bowl, grate the zucchini, halloumi and garlic clove. Add the egg, flour and pepper, then mix all together. Lightly oil and season the cherry tomatoes.
- Once the barbecue has preheated. Add approximately 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan or hotplate. Add heaped spoonful’s of mixture to the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and leaving a 2cm space in-between each fritter. Add the cherry tomatoes directly onto the cooking grill. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes over direct medium heat, or until the fritters are golden. After 3 minutes, flip the cherry tomatoes using a silicone spatula and cook for a further 3 minutes. Once the underside of the fritters are golden, flip the fritters, cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes or until the fritters are cooked through. Remove the cherry tomatoes from the barbecue and continue cooking the remaining fritters.
- Serve the fritters immediately with the cherry tomatoes.